- In Practice
- In Business
- Moving On
Thursday 02 August 2012 by Stanley Jacobs
I have today (24 July) received an email advising me that I have been removed from Santander’s conveyancing panel with immediate effect due to very few instructions. However, on 1 February 2012, I paid £118.80 to Santander as the fee for its annual panel membership review.
Santander has failed to return any part of that fee. Is there a case for unjust enrichment, as I expected to be on the panel at least until the next annual review?
Stanley Jacobs, solicitor, London N3
- Law firms: information overload?
- A sad day for the legal profession
- Barmy PCT model
- Welsh office
- Legal reforms: call for consistency
- Malaysian abuses
- Dog-eat-dog profession
- Divorce advice
- Civil strife
- Family arbitration: award show
- Job centred
- Tendering: grim precedent
- Law Society Yacht Club
- SRA must level the playing field between corporations and law firms
- Minding our language
- PCT: dumbing down
- Family scheme: the right choice