Registered Charity No: 326812 (England & Wales).
- Formed 50 years ago, we have spent £40 million on equipment and vital research into cancer and other crippling diseases at universities, research institutions and hospitals throughout the country.
- Today, we specialise in research into the spread of cancer, which is the cause of two thirds of all cancer deaths.
- We have recently made a significant discovery in the fight against cancer: a family of genes that is responsible for its spread.
- Our own Cancer and Polio Research Fund Laboratories are now recognised as world-leaders in this area.
- The next step is to develop drugs to control these genes so that we can stop cancer spreading and thereby save lives.
- To complete this work, we need to raise £1.5 million.
- The speed at which we can do our research is entirely dependent on how quickly we can raise the money.
- We are also one of the few charities, if not the only one, supporting research into the long-term after effects of polio, which affect some 40,000 people in the UK.
How you can help
We rely almost entirely on voluntary donations to fund our vital research. A gift in your will to Cancer and Polio Research Fund will help to defeat cancer and save lives. For more information about us, our work, and how you can help, please contact us as above.