Registered Charity No: 1100394 (England & Wales).
Epilepsy Research is the only UK charity exclusively dedicated to driving and enabling a national programme of life changing, life saving research. A life free from epilepsy is possible. We know that the only way to achieve this is through research.
Our work is carried out in universities and hospitals throughout the UK. The projects range from clinical to basic science and are focused on the causes, diagnosis and clinical management of epilepsy and associated conditions.
Epilepsy is one of the most common serious neurological conditions yet research into epilepsy remains chronically underfunded.
- About 1 in 100 people in the UK have epilepsy
- For 65% of people there is no known cause
- 30% of people with epilepsy live with uncontrolled seizures that do not respond to medication
- Every week 21 people die in the UK from epilepsy-related causes
Our strategic priorities are to:
- Promote, encourage and fund research into the causes, diagnosis and clinical management of epilepsy and associated conditions.
- Develop the next generation of epilepsy researchers and capacity build the epilepsy research environment.
- Accelerate innovations for people with epilepsy by supporting research that will influence clinical practice and health policy.
By leaving a gift in your Will, setting up a Memorial Fund or making a donation to Epilepsy Research UK you will be investing in a better future for people living with epilepsy. A life free from epilepsy is possible. Together we can achieve this through research.