Registered Charity No: 1068661 (England & Wales).
Positive Living and Learning for People with Epilepsy and other Complex Needs.
Established in 1903, St Elizabeth’s is the only national charity committed to providing high quality education, leisure and health care to children and adults of all ages with complex neurological conditions and learning disabilities.
Skilled teams of teachers, therapists, nursing staff, psychologists and care workers provide 24 hour expert care and are complemented by consultant neurologists from Great Ormond Street and The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
Located near Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, our charity comprises:
- A residential school for up to 80 pupils aged 5-19
- A college for 40 learners aged 18-25 attending our pioneering three year independence programme
- A village of bungalow accommodation for 105 adult residents aged 18 and over
- Day activities for over 130 adult residents, college learners and day clients providing more than 40 on and off site learning and leisure pursuits
- A five bed respite suite for people, requiring short-term specialist care breaks
The essential costs of care, accommodation and education are met from government sources. However, the children and adults referred to St Elizabeth’s have increasingly complex needs requiring more specialist care and support. At St Elizabeth’s we strive to make what may, seem out of the question, possible and to provide opportunities for all those in our care to ‘live life to the full’.