Registered Charity No: 262191 (England & Wales).
The UK still has one of the highest rates in Europe of babies dying before their first birthday. Over 500 babies die suddenly and unexpectedly in the UK each year and the parents of around half of those babies will never know the cause of death. Losing a baby or young child is one of the most difficult experiences any family will ever face. We want to stop all sudden and unexpected deaths of babies and young children and have played a pivotal role in reducing those deaths in the UK by 82% since 1991.
- provide specialist bereavement support for families
- train health professionals so they can help the parents they work with feel confident and well-informed on how to sleep their baby safely and reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- run a safer baby sleep advice helpline for parents as well as provide free advice booklets to support them
- work with the NHS and other healthcare providers to run a national health-visitor led service for bereaved parents, Care of Next Infant (CONI) programme, which supports families before and after the birth of their next baby
- fund research to understand why babies die suddenly and unexpectedly, and to find out more about how to prevent these tragic deaths.
No matter how large or small, a gift in your Will will help us to save more babies’ lives.