Dr. Rowan specialises in the preparation of reports for Litigation and Court proceedings including personal injury and medical negligence. He has written around 250 reports per annum over the last twenty years.
He has a special interest in psychological trauma including post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). His other specialist areas include phobic anxiety, adjustment disorders and depressive disorders. These conditions may occur following road traffic accidents, industrial accidents or assaults.
He provides treatment for victims of accidents, for example, people with travel anxiety following road traffic accidents.
Appointments for a medico legal report can usually be provided within two weeks of receiving instructions. Reports are usually available within ten days of the interview providing all documentation has been received. VAT is applied at the standard rate.
Instructions are accepted on behalf of Claimants and Defendants.
Clinics for medico legal examinations are available in Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Exeter.
Dr Rowan’s Areas of Expertise:
- Clinical psychology
- Clinical negligence
- Occupational and work-induced stress
- Behavioural psychology
- Human sexuality
- Psycho-sexual problems
- Anxiety and depression
- Criminal injury claims
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Accident, crime and assault victims
- Rape and sexual abuse victims (psychology)
- Tranquillizer addiction
- Trauma assessment and sequelae (psychology)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Occupational stress
- Adjustment disorders
- Psychological aspects of physical injury / disfigurement
- Neuropsychology / neuropsychological asssessment
- Psychological counselling and therapies
- Psychotherapy and counselling
- Psychological testing