For the past ten years, I have acted as a consultant and expert witness for the legal profession, providing pre-action advice, site inspections, accident investigations and technical reports. My reports provide a high standard of forensic analysis, and I receive regular instructions on behalf of both claimant and defendant.
Areas of expertise:
- Ski instruction & coaching.
- Ski technique.
- Group management & leadership in skiing & snowboarding.
- Ski equipment selection & maintenance.
- Ski lift operation and use.
- Artificial slope design and operation.
- Ski instruction on artificial slopes.
- Selection, adjustment and maintenance of ski equipment.
- Mountain safety (including terrain, snow conditions, weather, avalanche danger).
- Good practice in sports coaching & instruction.
- Over 30 years’ ski teaching experience in over 50 resorts.
- Since 1990, I have prepared reports on a large number of personal injury cases.
- Approximately 2/3 of my work has been on behalf of the Claimant and 1/3 on behalf of the Defence.
- Cases have involved leg, arm, head & spinal injuries, sustained while skiing & snowboarding both on artificial slopes and on snow, in the United Kingdom and elsewhere in Europe.
- Although the majority have reached pre-trial settlement, I have also given evidence in Court in a number of cases.
- Evidence given as a single joint expert on several cases.