LL.M Legal Aspects of Medical Practice, Cardiff Law School 1999-2000
MSc Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine 1995-6
MN Master of Nursing Degree, University of Wales, College of Medicine 1984-6
RSCPHN Diploma in Health Visiting, University of Surrey
RGN St. Thomas’ Hospital, London SE1
A senior health services professional at Director level, now practising as a health services consultant. Clinical, general management and commissioning experience gained with acute, community/primary care and mental health services in England and Wales over 20 years. Experience in assessing and providing nursing and care in the community. Proven, experienced and successful expert witness for healthcare issues in the public and private sector.
Specialist field nursing and nursing care, formerly Director of Nursing with Bart’s NHS Group, professional responsibility for 1408 nurses working in the acute hospital (800 beds) and community. Currently employed as a professional adviser, health consultant, lecturer, safe handling training assessor and formerly non-executive director of a Primary Care Trust and of a Health Authority. Former panel member for due regard for the Fitness to Practise Committee, Nursing & Midwifery Council and Assessor for GP Out/Hours services. Recent member of the NHS Continuing Care appeals Panel for Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Extensive knowledge of strategic planning, developing, describing/evaluating health care services and predicting manpower/educational requirements.
Commercial and marketing experience in private health care and in the hotel industry.
Excellent track record in managing, leading and facilitating change in a multidisciplinary, multiagency and multiprofessional environment.
I hold Expert Witness Certificates in Civil and Criminal Law from Cardiff Law School.
I have undertaken relevant training the Expert Witness Institute, the Academy of Expert Witnesses and Bond Solon, and am on the rolls of/member of:
- Law Society Directory of Expert Witnesses 2001
- UK Register of Expert Witnesses
- Expert Witness Institute (Fellow)
- Recognised by the Law Society as a Single Joint Expert in May 1999
Areas of expertise within both the Private and Public Sector
- General Nursing, Community Nursing, Health Visiting
- Nursing Career profiles
- Appropriateness of nursing: care, intervention/outcomes, grading, manpower, competency and skill levels, education and training needs
- Interfaces with: hospital, community services, continuing care provision, Intermediate care services, professional groups (eg. social services)
- Community and Primary Care nursing
- Management, risk assessment and health and safety issues
- Child Protection
- Quantum Assessment. Past, present and future care needs and costs