Mr Mike Perry. FRCS, FDSRCS, FRCS(OMFS), BSc.
Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, North London (regional maxillofacial and major trauma center).
Contact: Sandra Anderson (AInstLM)
Secretary to Mr Perry
Tel: 020 8235 4282
Fax: 020 8869 4284
Mobile: 07414 624417
Mr Perry is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who is on the GMC Specialist list in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and registered with both the GMC and GDC. A fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
2011, listed in The Times Magazine as one of the country’s 50 top surgeons.
Over 15 years hands-on experience in the management of facial injuries of all kinds (both facial fractures and facial lacerations) and is the clinical lead in facial trauma. He has published extensively in this field, including several text books.
Considerable experience in clinical negligence and personal injuries and currently works for several national law firms. Available to provide written reports, either based on medical records alone, or following consultation with the injured party. Would prefer to avoid work which will definitely require court attendance.
- Facial injuries (facial trauma / maxillofacial trauma), including injuries to the mandible, jaws, teeth, cheeks, nose, orbit (eye socket), ears, eyelids
- Scars / scarring (head and neck only)
- Dental trauma (dental injuries)
Also available for reports involving:
- Dentoalveolar surgery / Oral surgery (including buried teeth, wisdom teeth, cysts)
- Cheek / jaw implants
- Jaw joint (Temporomandibular joint - TMJ) problems
- Jaw surgery (Orthognathic surgery)
- Salivary gland surgery
- Skin cancer (head and neck only)
- Oral medicine (Lichen planus, ulcers, patches)
- Facial pain diagnosis and management
- Broken nose, Broken cheek, Broken jaw, Broken teeth
- Skull fracture
- Nasal fracture
- Midface fracture
- Parotid / parotid gland
- Facial nerve, nerve injury
Both medically and dentally qualified (Leeds University). Completed surgical and dental fellowship training (FRCS and FDS) in the North East of England before training in maxillofacial surgery in London, East Grinstead and Guildford. Has also gained experience abroad at both a leading trauma unit (Sunnybrook Hospital, Canada) and leading craniofacial unit (Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden).
Was appointed as a consultant to the University Hospital of North Staffordshire in 2001, but relocated to Belfast in September 2004, due to his trauma interest, gaining over 10 years of experience as clinical lead in craniofacial trauma for the entire province. Clinical experience also includes post traumatic and other causes of facial deformity / disproportion, salivary gland disease and skin lesions. Now relocated back to London to develop further his trauma / skin cancer expertise.
Actively involved in education and has published extensively, runs several courses and has lectured both nationally and internationally.