Forensic accounting is defined as using accounting skills to investigate a potential fraud and to analyse the information so that it is ready for use in legal proceedings. Assessing the commercial or financial implications of legal disputes is imperative to ensure that financial settlements encompass every aspect of your case. The ramifications attached to this assessment are huge and getting it wrong can have long-term repercussions.
Expert Forensic Accountants
Forensic accounting combines accounting, investigative assistance with a suspected or actual fraud, legal skills so that accounting information is ready and suitable for court and authoritative quantification of damages. Our forensic accountants can act as expert witnesses and we have been appointed by plaintiffs, claimants and as Court appointed single joint experts.
This is a highly complex and specialist skill used to assess the financial facts of a legal dispute and your dedicated forensic accountant will explain every step of the process to ensure you have a full and proper understanding. Our forensic accountant team will analyse, interpret and condense information so that full and supported facts are given.
With years of experience and with a Member of The Academy of Experts on our team, our forensic accountants can advise and assist you on:
- Possible courses of action after reviewing financial evidence
- Obtaining the relevant documentation and evidence to help uphold or reject a claim
- Examining the evidence of the opposing party and finding any strengths or weaknesses within it
- Negotiations and settlements
- Attending court hearings, giving evidence in Court and meetings with relevant parties
- Attending Experts meetings
Our forensic accounting team have provided expert reports in the following situations:
- Financial strategy and settlements for divorce
- Business and company valuations
- Loss of profit claims
- Professional negligence
- Damages for personal injury and loss of profits
- Fraud investigation
- Shareholder disputes
- Wrongful dismissal compensation claims
Contact our specialist team of forensic accountants today on 0161 832 4841.
With offices in Manchester city centre and Media City, we are ideally placed to assist people from the North West and from across the country.