Registered Charity No: 1140830 (England & Wales).
Registered Company No: 07541800 (England & Wales).
The BCG is a charity working entirely with volunteers. The Group’s objectives are for the benefit of the public to promote the conservation, welfare and care in general and to assist in the prevention of cruelty and suffering among tortoises, terrapins, marine and freshwater turtles, both in the wild and in captivity and to educate the public in these matters.
The mission statement to sum this up is “For tortoise, terrapin and turtle care and conservation”.
For over forty years the Charity has:
- Promoted good husbandry by issuing care sheets and advice
- Issued six Newsletters and a scientific Journal annually
- Arranged two annual Symposia and hundreds of regional meetings and health checks
- Offered a re-homing service free of charge
- Paid for veterinary fees for lost or abandoned animals
- Held annual Appeals funding expeditions, research and conservation worldwide and collaborated with other organisations to benefit the world’s chelonia
Please help us to continue our work.