We are a firm of Chartered Surveyors and Registered Valuers based in Hereford covering the West Midlands, South and Mid-Wales and the West Country. We are experienced in offering valuations, building surveys and litigation support for both private and institutional clients. Linden Alcock has considerable experience of preparing CPR-compliant reports and giving evidence in Court including Single Joint Expert appointments. He is also a trained mediator.
In particular, we have carried out valuations for diminution arising from a variety of causes including:
- surveyor’s negligence;
- non-disclosure of flooding;
- non-disclosure of vehicular right of way;
- non-disclosure of footpath;
- defective Search not revealing footpath;
- defective Search not revealing planning permission for turkey houses;
- non-disclosure of honey fungus;
- non-disclosure of abuse by neighbours;
- defective search not revealing, and non-disclosure of, planning permission for adjoining dominant extension.
We are very experienced in advising on professional negligence claims and dealing with the increasingly aggressive stance taken by insurance companies. Our advice is also sought by those issuing proceedings against builders and developers.
We have acted as Expert upon such diverse matters as a £500,000 boundary dispute at a care home near Exeter, an £875,000 claim against a developer in Hereford (Judgement given in the High Court for the claim in full), a £500,000 claim against an architect for negligence relating to a badly supervised large barn conversion together with advising on damage caused by a building contractor working on an adjoining property.
We can produce references by solicitors and members of the Bar upon request.