Six women are among 20 partner promotions at Eversheds Sutherland, the first round of appointments since the transatlantic firm went live in February. Ten of the new appointments are in the UK.
Across the group, 14 promotions have been made in company commercial, with four in litigation and dispute management, and two in real estate.
Ten of the new partners are based in the UK, with promotions in Birmingham, Leeds, London, Manchester and Nottingham.
In addition, eight legal directors have been promoted in the UK.
Lee Ranson (pictured), Eversheds Sutherland (International) managing partner and CEO-elect, commented: ’I am very pleased that we are able to reward the hard work, leadership and client commitment shown by colleagues across such a broad geographic spread – this speaks volumes about the strength in depth across the group. We continue to increase our overall proportion of female partners and that remains an ongoing aspiration. In the past week, we were recognised by The Times as a Top 50 Employer for Women for the sixth consecutive year.’
The new UK partners are:
- Tom Birchall, Real Estate, Birmingham
- Gregory Buckley, Litigation & Dispute Mgmt, Manchester
- Paul Castle, Company Commercial, Leeds
- James Lindop, Company Commercial, London
- Elizabeth Marshall, Company Commercial, Leeds
- Sarah Naylor, Litigation & Dispute Mgmt, Manchester
- Theresa-Marie Stodell, Company Commercial, Birmingham
- Matthew Storer, Real Estate, Birmingham
- Mark Taylor, Company Commercial, Birmingham
- Ash Woodcock, Company Commercial, Nottingham