Report comment

Please fill in the form to report an unsuitable comment. Please state which comment is of concern and why. It will be sent to our moderator for review.


Divorce should be administrative. Fill in the form saying "I want a divorce"; lodge it with the Registrar or Births, Deaths, Marriages, and Divorces; two months later fill in another one saying "I still want a divorce" - and it is done. If the parties both fill in the form, no three-month stage.

That's what it comes to now in practice: petition, affidavit, application for decree absolute. Let's make the theory correspond with the practice.

Your details