I am aware that the government is keen to encourage those who are in dispute to mediate and resolve their difficulties without going to court. However, it would appear that the courts have gone one step further. I recently received a notice of allocation to fast-track with the usual direction for the parties to consider settling their differences by alternative means, ‘including medication’.

So, does my certificate to practise now include a licence to prescribe?

Keith A Jones, E A Harris & Co, Shotton, Flintshire