Report comment

Please fill in the form to report an unsuitable comment. Please state which comment is of concern and why. It will be sent to our moderator for review.


Re Anon at 14:56 - "Yes". The term "accountant" is not regulated, so you do not in fact need to be capable of adding 2 plus 2 to commence in practice.
However you will need to register with a supervisory body under Money Laundering Regulations 2017 (HMRC will act as your supervisory body for a small fee - providing you have no relevant criminal convictions).
If you wished to use a description such as "chartered accountant" you would need to be a member of a professional body, however.

Your details