Registered Charity No: 270288 (England & Wales).
Kidney Care UK is the UK’s leading kidney patient support charity, which for over 40 years has been working to improve the quality of life for children and adults with kidney disease. A diagnosis of kidney failure can have a devastating effect and life can be incredibly challenging, often with endless visits to hospital and a serious impact on work, social wellbeing, relationships, as well as physical and psychological health.
At Kidney Care UK we are there for everyone affected by kidney disease, providing practical, financial and emotional support for kidney patients and their families throughout the UK and campaigning to improve kidney health and care services. Around a hundred patients a week benefit from the support and help we provide and we invest over £2million pounds every year in patient grants and improvements to care services. We help individuals and their families tackle everyday life with kidney failure and believe that no one should face kidney disease alone.
How we help:
- Providing grants to help patients in times of financial hardship
- Funding kidney units to improve services and patient care
- Providing information, peer support and advocacy services
- Providing counselling and emotional support
- Commissioning research to improve health and care services
- Campaigning to inform policy that improves the lives and choices of kidney patients